Biomimicry Explored: Bringing Nature Into Architecture

From my research it is evident that the original understanding of biomimicry was to take inspiration from nature in its most literal sense, by making the buildings reflect the visuals of its original natural form. Today, designers are reproducing the functional systems that are found in nature in order to provide cooling, generate energy and even to desalinate water.

I have been really inspired by the idea of biomimicry and I am interested in incorporating this interesting idea of design into the work I am doing as part of my Platform which is to create a piece of 'Architectural Furniture for a small site'...




Sources: Archiscene; ArtNet

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate how you include both sides of the argument. It's refreshing to see balanced views
    backyard pod Melbourne

    ReplyDelete